To be tattooed you MUST bring your valid photo i.d. with you to our studio. For your convenience we have an A.T.M. in our studio that only charges a $1.00 fee. Please know that you MUST COME IN and speak with an artist or counter person to have a tattoo priced, we do not give prices over the phone or internet. After reading the information below you should also check out our “tattoo FAQ” section for tattoo and piercing info. Thank you and happy reading !!
We do take walk-ins everyday on availability. Walk-ins are on a first come first served basis, please come on in to see us. If we cannot tattoo or pierce you when you come in, we can make an appointment for you at a later date.
Do your research:
1. How long has the shop been in business? Usually a tattoo studio that has been in business for many years under the same ownership is a good first sign! Tattoos Forever has been owned and operated by the same man, Jeff Bullard, since 1991. He is an American born, U.S. Navy veteran who retired from tattooing in 2004.
2. Does the shop consist of wall to wall flash (usually white laminated 11×17 sheets full of tattoo designs) to pick from? If so, you may be in a tourist trap, BE WARE. We have one row of flash but only because the owner is still stuck in 1991 and swears it’s “vintage.” HA HA.
3. Check out the shop’s website, Facebook and Google reviews.
4. Is the owner of the shop a tattoo artist? We can’t imagine how someone who has never worked in the tattoo industry would be able to understand how to operate a tattoo studio properly. Jeff Bullard(owner) tattooed for 14 years.
5. Is the shop owner a member of the National Tattoo Association and the Alliance of Professional Tattooist? These are professional organizations that keep studios up to date on safety measures, new techniques, and products. Our shop owner has been a member of both for over 20 years.
6. Now that you have made a decision on a tattoo shop, grab some friends and go check it out.
7. When you arrive at the studio take a look around, a new shop doesn’t necessarily mean it is a clean and professional shop!! Use your instincts, you should feel comfortable.
8. Ask questions, as many as you need to. Are the staff helpful and friendly? If not, run like hell, and come to Tattoos Forever!
9. Does the shop use disposable tattoo tubes? We do! If they do not, ask how they clean and sterilize their equipment, and then ask to see where the cleaning takes place. Any reputable shop will not hesitate to give you a tour of their facility.
10. If any of the staff seem under the influence of ANYTHING, DO NOT STAY!! This is a HUGE red flag. We are a drug-free and alcohol free studio.
11. It is time to look at the artist’s portfolios, they will be filled with pictures of tattoos the artists have done.
12. Inspect every detail of the portfolios. The lines, shapes, colors, shading, etc…
13. Are the lines (outline of the tattoo and any details within the tattoo) shaky and inconsistent? If so, you should pick another artist.
14. Do the squares look like squares and circles look like circles? They should!
15. What about the colors? Are they well blended to create even depth, dimension, and shading? They should be!
16. The black and grey tattoos in the portfolio should contain MANY shades of grey and be easy to read. They should not be black and lighter black tattoos.
17. Some artists specialize in a certain style of tattooing (traditional, portrait, black and grey, neo-traditional, etc.), however, our artists are accomplished in ALL styles.
18. Now that you have picked the artist that suits you, ask to meet him or her. If the artist is tattooing you can schedule a consult with them at a later time. The artist should be friendly and knowledgeable. You want to get a good vibe from your artist because no-one wants to sit and be tattooed by some jack-ass.
19. Placement and size of a tattoo is a very personal decision and is totally your call. However, there are times when it is impossible to fit a large, detailed tattoo on a small area of the body. There are also times when a small tattoo can be too small and will need to be made larger to preserve the detail. Good counter help and professional artists will be able to help make recommendations for you.
20. Regardless of where on your body you are getting tattooed there are a number of ways that you can remain covered and modest. If the artist doesn’t offer options for your privacy you should leave that shop immediately. If the artist is placing the stencil on you and he/she says, “you should take off your shirt while I tattoo your leg!” WRONG!!! Please DO NOT!! No one should ever feel violated while getting tattooed. Leave that shop and contact the owner. Getting tattooed is a wonderful and exhilarating experience and should never be ruined by some disgusting, sad, perverted, scum bag who is on a power trip.
21. Ultimately it is your body, money, and time. You don’t have to be a tattoo expert to want one. No one has the right to make you feel stupid or embarrassed about what kind of tattoo you want. It is you that will have this tattoo forever, take your time, decide what you want, and do your research!
We at Tattoos Forever want to be a part of your amazing tattoo experience, see you soon!