CLEANING SOLUTIONS WE RECOMMEND:
H2Ocean Spray and H2Ocean soap, we sell both in our shops.
DO NOT use peroxide, rubbing alcohol, or any type of anti-biotic ointment EVER!
*Remember…redness and a little discharge is NORMAL during the healing period! It does not mean that you have an infection.
1. Always wash your hands with some anti-bacterial soap and water before ever touching your new piercing, as dirty hands are the # 1 cause for germs and hence infections.
2. Wet the piercing thoroughly, then apply a small amount of the liquid anti-bacterial soap to the area, make sure to completely lather the jewelry and both openings of the piercing. Once it is good and soapy, you need to slide the jewelry back and forth several times to make sure that the cleanser gets into the inside.
3. After letting the lather sit 2 to 5 minutes, make sure you RINSE completely, and leave NO soapy residue on the piercing or jewelry. This may involve rotating the jewelry a couple more times just to make sure!
4. We recommend that for the first two months, you only use a paper product to dry the piercing, as towels tend to harbor bacteria.
5. Keep your clothing OFF of the jewelry the first two months if possible, or wear loose fitting clothing. The most common cause of repeat problems and scarring come from tight clothes, belts, uniforms. and hosiery.
6. Tugging or pulling on the piercing is a serious NO-NO, as well as other people touching it in any way.