1. Remove bandage after 1-4 hours
a. if bandage sticks, wet it to aid removal.
b. do not re-bandage.
2. Wash tattoo with clean hands, lukewarm water, and a liquid anti-bacterial soap
a. no wash cloth
b. get all dried matter off tattoo
3. Gently pat dry with a clean cloth or paper towel
a. let air dry 10-15 minutes
4. Apply moisturizing lotion
a. massage lotion into tattoo with clean fingers
b. use only a good quality moisturizer that contains no fragrance, aloe, lanolin, or lipids c. H2Ocean lotion is our top choice
5. Repeat steps 2, 3, and 4 at least 4 times a day, but no more than 8 times a day.
Follow these 5 steps for 10 days along with… No swimming or soaking of tattoo. The only time you want your tattoo to get wet is when you’re washing it or when you’re taking a quick shower.
Keep healing tattoo totally out of the sun and after it’s healed use a strong sun block to help keep it bright.
Do not pick, peel or scratch, let skin flake naturally.
Do not take anyone else’s advice on healing your tattoo. You have only one chance to heal it right.
Take care of your investment and it will last a lifetime.